Partners Physiotherapy Service is dedicated to working with you and all other members of your “Health Care” team to provide assessment, treatment, education and consultation relating to the practice of Physiotherapy and other health related issues. Partners Physiotherapy Service exists to provide, promote and support a clearer appreciation of personal and community health care based on knowledge, caring and understanding through education and experience. Partners Physiotherapy Service is positioned to be a leader in community based health care by working together with all stakeholders. We will strive to lead through knowledge, collaboration, compassion and partnership.
COVID 19 UPDATE:
Updated September 4th, 2020
GREAT NEWS – IN FACT IT’S THE BEST NEWS YET!
As of May 26th, 2020 we are now OPEN to safely treat ALL clients, both returning and new admissions, after approval from our regulatory bodies, Public Health and the Ministry of Health.
You can be absolutely confident that we are following all the strict Public Health regulations. We all need feel secure about our own safety and for those around us at all time.
We have made some important changes. You and I (WE) will have to work together to accomplish OUR GOALS. What has changed at Partners?
- You will speak directly to a physiotherapist to determine an appropriate course of treatment prior to returning to the clinic or coming in for a new assessment. We offer sessions in clinic, by Telerehab (telephone or on line virtually) or a combination depending on your circumstances and your needs.
- You will be screened over the telephone and have to read a detailed document outlining the expectations for your experience prior to returning into the clinic (please see these expectations detailed below under “Operation with Covid19 Present Client Information” and visit https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ for the latest self screening tool).
- You will be required to wear a mask in the reception area and during your treatment session (There may be circumstances that help to reduce the risk without one but please let us know ahead)
- Your physiotherapist will now be wearing personal protective equipment that is changed after every client to reduce the risk of any cross contamination
- Appointment times have been altered to reduce foot traffic and to ensure adequate amounts of time for cleaning all clinic areas
The key to success for all of us is planning each and every day!
Partners Physiotherapy Service is focused on partnering with you on your journey to ultimate health, mobility and enjoyment of life in all aspects.
Did you know…you do NOT require a referral from a doctor to see a physiotherapist! Some insurance companies do require this note, but a phone call to your insurance company will tell you if this is necessary! If you do we will work with you and your Doctor or NP to enable this to happen.
Don’t wait – contact us today.
Partners Physiotherapy Service – Operation with COVID19 Present
- We ask that you arrive for your scheduled – in clinic- appointment no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Don a mask prior to entering the building. If you don’t have one, we will supply one at your first appointment only. (We have a supply provided by a generous Bruce Power donation. We ask that if you have your own – please use it so that we can spread these to those who don’t.)
- Please use the hand sanitizer before touching any surface in the clinic
- Check in with the front desk. Please stand off the mat in front of the office as this will ensure the appropriate distance is maintained.
- Remove your outside shoes and place them on the boot trays immediately upon entry. There are clean slippers available and will be laundered here after every use. Please put them in the appropriate bin when you take them off.
- You may then have a seat on one of the available chairs
- Please do not bring any extra clothing or other items into the clinic. Leave them in your vehicle or at home. Coats and outside garments are to be hung on the hooks at the front door. No food or drinks.
- You may only bring car keys and a wallet or credit card with you and you will need to keep in your own pocket. We will provide a plastic bag to put them in if you do not have pockets.
- Only one support person may attend with you to your appointment and they must follow the above guidelines and respect all social distancing (2 meter/6 feet) rules.
- You will be greeted in the front lobby by your physiotherapist and escorted to the appropriate treatment room.
- Our client washroom is for emergency use only. Please try to prepare for your time in clinic by using your own washroom at home.
- If you need to change clothes while you are here you will be able to do that in the treatment room. However it is safer for you to wear the appropriate clothing and you will be instructed by your physiotherapist what you will need to wear during a treatment.
- The treatment rooms and equipment used are sanitized after each client use.
- If you are requested to fill out a form or questionnaire in clinic, we will provide the paperwork and the pen and a clip board. These are all sanitized after every use.
- After your treatment – please return to the front office to make or confirm your next appointment. Do not wander into the area where the chairs are. Leave directly after you have completed all interactions with the front office.
- Preferred methods of payment are credit or debit. We will not take coins and paper bills at this time. Cheques will be accepted if that is your only payment option.
We ALL have to take these procedures seriously, if we get sloppy, we are opening the door to the spread within our office. We do not want to put you or the staff here at risk. If we have one case, and it spreads, we will be closed. Let’s minimize the potential for a second wave.
The key to success for us is planning our prevention each and every day.
If you require any clarification on this information, please ask us for more help!