These are a few common questions. Please don’t be afraid to ask us about anything that may concern you, that is why are here!
Can I still be treated by a Physiotherapist during Covid-19?
- As of May 26th, 2020 we have been OPEN to safely treat ALL clients, both returning and new admissions, after approval from our regulatory bodies, Public Health and the Ministry of Health.
- Assessment and treatment style/location will be determined based on your goals, physiotherapy needs and urgency after careful conversation between you and your PT.
What do I have to do before coming into clinic while there are still Covid precautions?
- Please see our main page for the clinic protocols sheet at the bottom for all the details regarding our policies and procedures plus our tab “Covid-19 updates”
What is the proper attire for Physiotherapy and Personal Training?
- Please wear comfortable clothing such as shorts, leggings, track pants, T-shirts, tank tops, etc. We require running shoes in the gym due to health and safety reasons. No sandals, flip flops or boots are allowed in the gym.
Do I need a doctor’s referral?
You may book physiotherapy on your own without a referral. You may also be referred to a Physiotherapist by your doctor/surgeon after a surgery, hospital stay or with chronic conditions
Extended Health Care (EHC)
- You may have coverage through your or your spouse’s place of employment- please check the policy as to what percentage of amount this covers. Clients pay up front and we submit paid invoices to your Extended Health Care (EHC) online. Veterans may also be covered under their Blue Cross benefits which Partners Physiotherapy Service will bill directly for you.
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
- If you have been injured at work and have been approved to receive physiotherapy treatments, Partners Physiotherapy Service will bill WSIB for you. Approval for physiotherapy from WSIB must be obtained prior to attending the initial assessment appointment(must have a claim number)
Workplace injuries are very common and can involve any part of the body. Some common injuries include low back strain, repetitive strain, tendinitis, carpal tunnel, fractures and muscle strains. Our highly trained physiotherapist can help you recover from these injuries and to return to normal function in a safe and timely manner. We can achieve this through our many treatments.
Motor Vehicle Insurance (MVA)
- MVA claims are mandated by the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO). Partners Physiotherapy Service is a registered physiotherapy clinic with FSCO. In all MVA circumstances it is our legal obligation to bill all eligible Extended Health Care Insurance (EHC) available to you via personal plan and/or your spouses benefits prior to billing the MVA insurance company. Following the initial assessment appointment, a treatment plan is submitted to the MVA provider for approval. Pre-approval for physiotherapy services allows our clinic to bill direct on your behalf, eliminating out-of-pocket expense to you.
Pay Direct/Private Pay
- Should you not have coverage through any of the above mentioned agencies, you will be responsible for the full payment of your treatments. Please ask us about our policies if financial assistance is needed with treatment fees, we are sure an agreement can be reached. Your receipt can be used for income tax purposes. Check out our fees here (under Physiotherapy Services)
How long will I have to receive treatment?
- The length of treatment varies with each individual. Your determination and dedication to your well-being plays an important part in your recovery. We will develop a treatment plan and periodically review this with you as we work together towards your goals for ultimate health and recovery. Don’t be discouraged if you feel that you’re not advancing as quickly as you had hoped, give yourself time. Patience and perseverance go a long way. You’ve made the commitment, give your body time to adjust to what you are asking it to do.
We at Partners Physiotherapy Service are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality, accuracy and security of the personal and health information we collect, use, retain and disclose in the course of conducting business.
Visa | Mastercard | Debit |Etransfer | Cash | Cheque (Debit or Credit Card preferred if possible)